Join the Coalition!
Do you want to stay involved in preventing and controlling asthma in Florida? Membership is open to anyone interested in asthma prevention, education, and disease management. Membership is FREE! Become a member by completing the Membership Form today!
Florida Asthma Coalition 2021 Virtual Summit
We would like to invite you to join us July 30th for the 2021 Virtual Florida Asthma Coalition Summit! The theme of the 2021 Virtual Summit is Resiliency in the Face of COVID-19. This is a FREE, full-day conference that will be an excellent opportunity to network with peers across the state who work in the hospital, clinical, community, and school-based settings. This will also be an opportunity to learn about asthma management innovations, best practices & guidelines for improving asthma outcomes during the COVID-19 pandemic. Don't delay! Please register for the Summit here.
CEUs and CMEs are available during our educational tracks, during which our wonderful speakers and subject matter experts will provide cutting edge presentations, including:
- Nina Ramirez, MD, FAAAAI, FCCP on “Eosinophils: A Potent Contributor to Severe Asthma”
- Tracey Mitchell, RRT, AE-C, Heidi LeSane, MPA, and Alison Clune, MPH on “Mold and Asthma Symptoms”
- Wanda Rodriguez-Donham, DHSc, RRT-NPS on “Florida Asthma Program Overview & Burden of Asthma”
- David Fedele, PhD, ABBP on “Mobile Health in Pediatric Asthma: Current Solutions and Future Directions”
- Eric Forno, MD, MPH on “Obesity and Childhood Asthma”
- Teresa Summe, BS, RRT, AE-C on “Asthma Friendly Schools and Childcare”
- Leroy Graham, MD, FCCP on “Racial Disparities in COVID and Asthma: Causes and Consequences”
- Joe Gibbons, PharmD, BCPS on “Severe Asthma and New Mechanisms”
- Stanley Szefler, MD on “The Colorado Experience: Development and Implementation of a State-Wide School-Based Asthma Program”
- Claudia Guglielmo, MPA, AE-C on “Project BREATHE NY â€“ A Quality Improvement Approach to Improve Access to Care”
Asthma Educator Review Course
Don’t forget to also register for the Association of Asthma Educators half-day AE-C course on July 29 from 1-5 pm for $125! Please register and pay for the training here.
During this course, you can expect:
- Summary of Asthma Educator Review Course
- One-on-one time with a Mentor and Expert
- Access to Self Study Course and 12 CE, CRCE ($250 Value)
- Free AAE MEMBERSHIP for 1 Year ($80 Value)
- All for $125
With presentations from the following Faculty Presenters:
- Andrea M. Jensen, CHESÂ® AE-C
- Maureen George, PhD, RN, AE-C, FAAN
- Karen L. Gregory, DNP, APRN, CNS, RRT, AE-C, FAARC
Follow the Florida Asthma Coalition on Facebook for Asthma updates on the go!