Join the Coalition!
Do you want to stay involved in preventing and controlling asthma in Florida? Membership is open to anyone interested in asthma prevention, education, and disease management. Membership is FREE! Become a member by completing the Membership Form today!
Register for our Virtual Annual Summit: Diversity in Asthma Management!
We would like to invite you to join us June 24th for the 2022 Virtual Florida Asthma Coalition Summit! The theme of the 2022 Virtual Summit is Diversity in Asthma Management. This is a FREE, full-day conference that will be an excellent opportunity to network with peers across the state who work in the hospital, clinical, community, and school-based settings. This will also be an opportunity to learn about asthma management innovations, best practices & guidelines for improving asthma outcomes.
CEUs and CMEs are available during our educational tracks, during which our wonderful speakers and subject matter experts will provide cutting edge presentations, including:
- Don Bukstein, MD, FAAAAI, FACAAI on Building an Asthma Lifestyle Plan: The Total Lung Connection to Improve Asthma Outcomes
- Timothy Dougherty, MD, FAAEM, DACMT on Vaping: You Come A Long Way Baby?
- Jennifer Fishe, MD, FAAP on EMS' Prehospital Care of Children with Asthma Exacerbations
- Ezinne Chinemere, MHS, CHES, AE-C on Addressing Health Disparities: Understanding Systemic Racism and its Impact on Health Outcomes
- Juan Carlos Cardet, MD, MPH on Use of Anti-Inflammatory Drugs to Close Racial Gaps in Asthma Outcomes
- Erika A. Waters, PhD, MPH and Sienna Ruiz, BA on The Diversity of Asthma Care Beliefs and Practices: The Findings of the Asthma Caregivers Project
- John Prpich, MD, FAAP on Overview of New NAEPP/GINA Asthma Guidelines
AAE'S 2022 Virtual Mini Review Course
(With New Topics, Different Than 2021) AND Digital Review Course
Don’t forget to also register for the Association of Asthma Educators half-day AE-C course on Thursday, June 23rd from 1-5pm for $200!
SPECIAL COURSE OFFERING: Asthma Educator Review Course
Half-day Session (1:00-5:00pm, Eastern) followed by complimentary access to AAE's On-Demand Review Course to Prepare for the NAECB Certification Exam (asthma specific CEs that are applicable for re-certification as well). This includes the 2021 FAC bonus material as well as the self-paced course. A maximum of 19 CE credits are offered.
With presentations from the following Faculty Presenters:
1:00pm-2:00pm Asthma Pathophysiology-
Dr. Karen L. Gregory. DNP, APRN, CNS, RRT, AE-C, FAARC
2:00pm-3:00pm PFTs with Interpretations-
Kevin Collins, PhD, RRT, RPFT, AE-
3:15-4:15pm Identifying asthma control, risks, classification and management-
Teresa M. Summe, BS, RRT, AE-C
4:15pm-5:00pm. Networking, Questions, Answers
We are so pleased to offer an amazing opportunity that will be very useful in preparing for the NAECB certification exam. This unique opportunity is part of the offering of the Florida Asthma Coalition's Annual Summit. CLICK HERE for Florida Asthma Summit Details.
During this course, you can expect:
- Asthma Education from Asthma Educators
- Summary of Asthma Educator Review Course
- Access to One-on-one time with your Asthma Educator Mentor
- Access to self-paced Asthma Educator Review Course
We at AAE wish to provide intensive support beyond this course for all interested individuals and are committed to your success as you become certified and move forward in this vital professional status. Registrants will receive asthma-specific continuing education applicable to their professional licensure, and a self paced comprehensive course complete with digital reference book, plus all of the mentoring support that AAE can offer. ($250 Value) NOTE: The special price of this course reflects group pricing developed in partnership between AAE and FAC.
Follow the Florida Asthma Coalition on Facebook for Asthma updates on the go!