The Florida Asthma Coalition (Coalition / FAC), established in 2009, works to improve asthma outcomes and reduce associated costs for Floridians through various interventions. The Coalition has a designated steering committee and four workgroups. Membership includes state and local governmental agencies, schools, clinicians, advocacy groups, parents, and many non-government organizations.
Learn more about the coalition:
- Vision, Mission, and Goals
- Strategic and Operational Plans
- Steering Committee
- FAC Conflict of Interest & Articles of Operation 2018
Join the Coalition
Do you want to stay involved in preventing and controlling asthma in Florida? Membership is open to any individual or organization interested in asthma prevention, education, and disease management. There is no cost for membership.
Become a member by completing the Membership Form today!
Like us on Facebook
Follow the Florida Asthma Coalition on Facebook for Asthma updates on the go!
Register for our Virtual Annual Summit: Resiliency in the Face of COVID-19!
We would like to invite you to join us July 30th for the 2021 Virtual Florida Asthma Coalition Summit! The theme of the 2021 Virtual Summit is Resiliency in the Face of COVID-19. This is a FREE, full-day conference that will be an excellent opportunity to network with peers across the state who work in the hospital, clinical, community, and school-based settings. This will also be an opportunity to learn about asthma management innovations, best practices & guidelines for improving asthma outcomes during the COVID-19 pandemic. You may register here.
CEUs and CMEs are available during our educational tracks, during which our wonderful speakers and subject matter experts will provide cutting edge presentations, including:
- Dr. Nina Ramirez on “Eisinophils: A Potent Contributor to Severe Asthma”
- Tracey Mitchell, RRT, AE-C, Heidi LeSane, MPA, and Alison Clune, MPH on “Mold and Asthma Symptoms”
- Dr. Wanda Rodriguez-Donham, DHSc, RRT-NPS on “Florida Asthma Program Overview & Burden of Asthma”
- Dr. David Fedele, PhD on “Mobile Health in Pediatric Asthma: Current Solutions and Future Directions”
- Dr. Eric Forno, MD on “Obesity and Childhood Asthma”
- Teresa Summe, RRT, AE-C on “Asthma Friendly Schools and Childcare”
- Dr. Leroy Graham, MD on “Racial Disparities in COVID and Asthma: Causes and Consequences"
- Joe Gibbons, PharmD, BCPS on “Severe Asthma and New Mechanisms”
- Dr. Stanley Szefler, MD on “The Colorado Experience: Development and Implementation of a State-Wide School-Based Asthma Program”
- Claudia Guglielmo, MPA, AE-C on “Project BREATHE NY – A Quality Improvement Approach to Improve Access to Care”
Asthma Educator Review Course
Don’t forget to also register for the Association of Asthma Educators half-day AE-C course on July 29 from 1-5 pm for $125! Please register and pay for the training here.
During this course, you can expect:
- Summary of Asthma Educator Review Course
- One-on-one time with your Asthma Educator Mentor
- Access to self-paced Asthma Educator Review Course (12 CEUs for Nurses and RT)
- Free $80 Association of Asthma Educators Membership
With presentations from the following Faculty Presenters:
- Andrea M. Jensen, CHES® AE-C
- Dr. Maureen George, PhD, RN, AE-C, FAAN
- Dr. Karen L. Gregory. DNP, APRN, CNS, RRT, AE-C, FAARC