FAC Annual Summit
Florida Asthma Coalition 2021 Virtual Summit
We thank you for having joined us on July 30th for the 2021 Virtual Florida Asthma Coalition Summit! The theme of the 2021 Virtual Summit was Resiliency in the Face of COVID-19. This was a FREE, full-day conference that was an excellent opportunity to network with peers across the state who work in the hospital, clinical, community, and school-based settings. This was also an opportunity to learn about asthma management innovations, best practices & guidelines for improving asthma outcomes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- If you were unable to join us, don't worry! We have many recordings of the Summit available on Youtube or OneDrive.
- Please stay tuned for the 2022 FAC Summit! If you are interested in becoming a speaker for our next FAC Summit, please fill out the form here. Please email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are interested in being a sponsor for our next Summit, please reach out to email@example.com.
CEUs and CMEs were available during our educational tracks, during which our wonderful speakers and subject matter experts provided cutting-edge presentations, including:
- Nina Ramirez, MD, FAAAAI, FCCP on “Eosinophils: A Potent Contributor to Severe Asthma”
- Tracey Mitchell, RRT, AE-C, Heidi LeSane, MPA, and Alison Clune, MPH on “Mold and Asthma Symptoms”
- Wanda Rodriguez-Donham, DHSc, RRT-NPS on “Florida Asthma Program Overview & Burden of Asthma”
- David Fedele, PhD, ABBP on “Mobile Health in Pediatric Asthma: Current Solutions and Future Directions”
- Eric Forno, MD, MPH on “Obesity and Childhood Asthma”
- Teresa Summe, BS, RRT, AE-C on “Asthma Friendly Schools and Childcare”
- Leroy Graham, MD, FCCP on “Racial Disparities in COVID and Asthma: Causes and Consequences”
- Joe Gibbons, PharmD, BCPS on “Severe Asthma and New Mechanisms”
- Stanley Szefler, MD on “The Colorado Experience: Development and Implementation of a State-Wide School-Based Asthma Program”
- Claudia Guglielmo, MPA, AE-C on “Project BREATHE NY – A Quality Improvement Approach to Improve Access to Care”
Asthma Educator Review Course
Thank you for registering for the Association of Asthma Educators half-day AE-C course on July 29 from 1-5 pm for $125!
During this course, you were exposed to the following:
- Summary of Asthma Educator Review Course
- One-on-one time with a Mentor and Expert
- Access to Self Study Course and 12 CE, CRCE ($250 Value)
- Free AAE MEMBERSHIP for 1 Year ($80 Value)
- All for $125
With presentations from the following Faculty Presenters:
Andrea M. Jensen, CHES® AE-C
Maureen George, PhD, RN, AE-C, FAAN
Karen L. Gregory, DNP, APRN, CNS, RRT, AE-C, FAARC
Thank you to our sponsors for their generous support!