FAC Annual Summit
2022 Virtual Annual Summit: Diversity in Asthma Management!
Thank you for joining us on June 24th for the 2022 Virtual Florida Asthma Coalition Summit! The theme of the 2022 Virtual Summit was Diversity in Asthma Management. This was a FREE, full-day conference which provided an excellent opportunity to network with peers across the state who work in the hospital, clinical, community, and school-based settings. Recordings from the event are now available on the FAC YouTube channel. Please note watching these videos will not provide you with a certificate or continuing education credit.
Xan Nowakowski, PhD, Debra Weiss, EdD, CHES and John Prpich, MD, FAAP on Welcome, Introduction and Wellness Activity
Wanda Rodríguez-Donham, DrHSc, RRT-NPS on Florida Asthma Program: Overview & Burden of Asthma
- Don Bukstein, MD, FAAAAI, FACAAI on Building an Asthma Lifestyle Plan: The Total Lung Connection to Improve Asthma Outcomes
- Timothy Dougherty, MD, FAAEM, DACMT on Vaping: You Come A Long Way Baby?
- Angela Garcia, PharmD, MPH, CPh on Review of Monoclonal Antibody Treatment in Asthma: Selecting the Right Biologic
- Ezinne Chinemere, MHS, CHES, AE-C on Addressing Health Disparities: Understanding Systemic Racism and its Impact on Health Outcomes
- Juan Carlos Cardet, MD, MPH on Use of Anti-Inflammatory Drugs to Close Racial Gaps in Asthma Outcomes
- Erika A. Waters, PhD, MPH and Sienna Ruiz, BA on The Diversity of Asthma Care Beliefs and Practices: The Findings of the Asthma Caregivers Project
- John Prpich, MD, FAAP on Overview of New NAEPP/GINA Asthma Guidelines
- Julia S. Fitz-Gibby, MPH on Overview of the 2022-2026 State Health Improvement Plan
- Wanda Rodríguez-Donham, DrHSc, RRT-NPS, Debra Weiss, EdD, CHES and Teresa Summe, BS, RRT, AE-C on Florida Asthma Coalition Announcements and Workgroup Updates
Congratulations to our 2022 Asthma-Friendly Champions:
Soanny Betancourt, RN & Edward Rego, MPH!
AAE'S 2022 Virtual Mini Review Course
(With New Topics, Different Than 2021) AND Digital Review Course
Thank you for joining us at the Association of Asthma Educators half-day AE-C course on Thursday, June 23rd from 1-5 pm! The Half-day Session (1:00-5:00pm, Eastern) offered complimentary access to AAE's On-Demand Review Course to prepare for the NAECB Certification Exam (asthma specific CEs that are applicable for re-certification as well). This included the 2021 FAC bonus material as well as the self-paced course. A maximum of 19 CE credits were offered.
With presentations from the following Faculty Presenters:
1:00pm-2:00pm Asthma Pathophysiology-
Dr. Karen L. Gregory. DNP, APRN, CNS, RRT, AE-C, FAARC
2:00pm-3:00pm PFTs with Interpretations-
Kevin Collins, PhD, RRT, RPFT, AE-
3:15-4:15pm Identifying asthma control, risks, classification and management-
Teresa M. Summe, BS, RRT, AE-C
4:15pm-5:00pm. Networking, Questions, Answers
We at AAE wish to provide intensive support beyond this course for all interested individuals and are committed to your success as you become certified and move forward in this vital professional status. Registrants will receive asthma-specific continuing education applicable to their professional licensure, and a self paced comprehensive course complete with digital reference book, plus all of the mentoring support that AAE can offer. ($250 Value) NOTE: The special price of this course reflects group pricing developed in partnership between AAE and FAC.