Request for Proposals
Mini Grant Opportunity for Florida Asthma Coalitions and Asthma Care Teams to Implement a New Program or Enhance an Existing Program to Deliver Asthma-Self Management Education
The Florida Asthma Coalition, with help from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Florida Department of Health and Health Council of Southeast Florida, is offering a grant opportunity to all organizations in Florida that have a plan to deliver asthma self-management education at a local level using a team-based care approach. The deadline to submit applications is 5:00 p.m. EDT, Friday, June 2, 2017.
Programs which receive a mini-grant through this competitive Request for Proposals will be required to implement a new program or enhance an existing program and track health outcomes of participants. To qualify, programs must either:
- Be a member of a local asthma coalition in Florida as recognized by the Florida Asthma Coalition:
- Community Asthma Partnership – Wolfson Children’s Hospital (CAPW)
- Tampa Bay Asthma Coalition (TBAC)
- South Florida Asthma Consortium
- Suncoast Pediatric Asthma Coalition
- Be a current or create a new local Asthma Care Team (ACT) in the state of Florida: comprised of representatives from a provider group (e.g. Federally Qualified Health Center or Patient Center Medical Home), school, hospital, pharmacy, local public health agency, housing entity and other partners the community deems beneficial.
This is a competitive funding opportunity. Priority will be given to applicants who are active members of the Florida Asthma Coalition.
The following are resources that may be helpful to you in developing your request for funding:
- Technical Assistance Call to review this funding opportunity, the application process, answer any questions and provide a brief overview of other resources
- Asthma Self-Management Education: A Compilation of Selected Resources
- Budget Template
- Performance Measure Template
- RFP Scoring Criteria
Inquiries About the RFP & Application
Questions about the RFP and application content may be asked during the Technical Assistance Call; otherwise, these types of questions should be submitted in writing via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses to submitted questions will be posted below within a week after it is received.
External Grant Opportunities
Department of Health and Human Services / National Institutes of Health - PAR-16-413 NIAID Investigator Initiated Program Project Applications (P01) (Closes 9/7/19)
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) invites submission of investigator-initiated Program Project (P01) applications. The proposed programs may address scientific areas relevant to the NIAID mission including the biology, pathogenesis, and host response to microbes, including HIV; the mechanisms of normal immune function system development and function; and immune dysfunction resulting in autoimmunity, immunodeficiency, allergy, asthma, and transplant rejection; and translational research to develop vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics to prevent and treat infectious, immune-mediated, and allergic diseases. Each P01 application submitted to this FOA must include at least two related research projects that share a common central theme, focus, and/or overall objective.
Please check back for more information about upcoming grant opportunities.